Now at more than eight million views, FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Powered by Everlast partners with Raging Babe on Friday, Oct. 4 to pay homage to the great Russell Peltz, airing a nine-bout card from The Fighting City of Philadelphia titled “Blood, Sweat & 50 Years.” Beginning at 7:30 p.m. ET, live from 2300 Arena, the interactive, FREE Facebook series joins the global boxing community in celebrating 50 years of Peltz’s promotional prowess, in Philly and beyond.
“I’m thrilled that people across the country will be able to see this historic event on FIGHTNIGHT LIVE. Russell has impacted fighters, promoters, managers and fans from all over the world, so it only makes sense that they be a part of Blood, Sweat & 50 Years.” said Michelle Rosado, Promoter, Raging Babe. “As a bonus, they’ll get the exciting, competitive fights that Russell has become known for over 50 years in the business.”
Friday’s card is topped by unbeaten super lightweight prospect Victor Padilla (5-0, 5 KOs) who meets Romain Tomas (8-2, 1 KO) in a scheduled six-round affair, a throwback to a century ago when Pennsylvania state laws set such a limit on all main events. The 20-year-old southpaw Padilla, originally from Vieques, Puerto Rico, has won all five of his fights by first-round knockout. The 30-year-old Tomas, from Brooklyn via Paris, France, is coming off his biggest career win, a six-round decision over previously unbeaten (7-0) Omar Bordoy in Bordoy’s native New England. Eight additional bouts make up the undercard, which features unbeaten Puerto Rican heavyweight prospect Sahret Delgado (7-0, 7 KOs) and several local up-and-comers, including Marcel Rivers (7-1, 4 KOs), Isaiah Wise (7-2-1, 4 KOs) and Shamar Fulton (3-0-3, 2 KOs).
“Russell is an icon who has embraced our platform from its humble beginnings, and we’re thrilled to be able to celebrate his Golden Anniversary with a special edition of FIGHTNIGHT LIVE,” said Mark Fratto, Principal and Director of Business Development, Linacre Media. “Friday’s card filled with prospects and local warriors will have 2300 Arena rocking, and we look forward to helping Michelle and Russell’s celebration become a truly global event.”
Looking forward to its third season, FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Powered by Everlast is the fan-friendly Facebook platform that – among other aspects – prides itself on the real-time conversations held between fight commentators and the viewing audience. FIGHTNIGHT LIVE has showcased more than 670 fighters and 19 promotions during 42 live event broadcasts from 21 different cities since May 2017, and in doing so, the interactive platform has generated the loyal interest of fight fans from across the United States and around the globe, including significant audiences in Mexico, the United Kingdom and other parts of Europe, and even fans in South America, Asia and Australia.
- Since May 2017, the numbers on the 42-show FIGHTNIGHT LIVE series have shown promise and potential for the platform with an average of 190,762 views per event and more than 8.0 million total views for the franchise. Since Sept. 2018, 25 FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Season II shows have reached more than 6.5 million fans and have averaged more than 263,000 views.
- The Sept. 2018 “Kings Boxing Tuesday Night Fights” (594,447) from the Sands in Bethlehem, the June 2019 “CES Comeback at Foxwoods” (428,887), the Dec. 2018 “Queens and Kings of Queens Card” (379,758) in New York, the Nov. 2018 “Hard Hitting Showtime Collaboration” (372,662), the Dec. 2018 “Roy Jones Jr. Texas Throwdown” (318,886), the Oct. 2018 “Hard Hitting Philly Special” (297,545), the May 2019 “Murphys Open MGM Springfield” (296,078), the Oct. 2018 hour-long Bareknuckle “Freeview” (292,253), the Aug. 2019 “Murphys Boxing Encore” (260,188), the Nov. 2018 “Titans In The Capital” (256,871) and the March 2019 Murphys Boxing “St. Patrick’s Day Clash” (252,065) all logged 250,000 or more views, and collectively the 42-show series has seen a total of more than 8,012,018 views across all devices.
- In addition to the raw viewership numbers, the fully-interactive, fan-friendly productions have seen more than 485,000 collective live post engagements (more than 11,500 per show), including almost 375,000 “likes” or “loves,” more than 67,000 comments and almost 23,000 shares.
- The Sept. 2018 “Kings Boxing Tuesday Night Fights” from the Sands in Bethlehem set a new bar with 594,447 views. The Sept. 2017 DiBella card saw more than 40,000 viewer interactions including almost 39,000 “likes” or “loves” and the March 17, 2018, Murphy’s “St. Patrick’s Day Clash” set a new high-water mark for shares with 2,182.
- The FIGHTNIGHT LIVE page on Facebook has more than 90,000 fans and more than 100,000 followers.
Created and produced by Linacre Media out of New York City, the FIGHTNIGHT LIVE series features professional announcers, multiple camera angles, television graphics, replays and behind-the-scenes access and interviews. The streamed shows are available globally wherever Facebook is available. The initiative not only enables fans from around the world to tune in, but also gives up-and-coming fighters a global platform to showcase their abilities, gives promoters an accessible “broadcast” solution and gives sponsors the ability to reach a mass audience via branded content.
FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Fall and Winter 2019 dates will be officially announced in the coming weeks.
FIGHTNIGHT LIVE is available online at: https://www.facebook.com/FaceFIGHTNIGHTLIVE/
Follow all the action via social media at FaceFIGHTNIGHTLIVE on Facebook, @FaceFIGHTNIGHTLIVE on Instagram and @FIGHTNIGHTLIVE_ on Twitter, or by using the hashtag #FIGHTNIGHTLIVE. For the latest Linacre Media events and broadcast schedule, follow @LinacreMedia across all social platforms or use the tags #LinacreMediaEvents or #LinacreMediaOnTV.
About Everlast Worldwide Inc.
The preeminent brand in boxing since 1910, Everlast is the world’s leading manufacturer, marketer and licensor of boxing, MMA and fitness equipment. From legendary champions Jack Dempsey and Sugar Ray Robinson to current superstars Deontay Wilder and Dustin Poirier, Everlast is the brand of choice for generations of world champion professional athletes. Built on a brand heritage of strength, dedication, individuality and authenticity, Everlast is a necessary part of the lives of countless champions. Based in Manhattan, Everlast’s products are sold across more than 75 countries and 6 continents. For more information, visit www.everlast.com.